July 11, 2013

Family Trip Up North Part 1

Every summer over the 4th of July my family gathers at my parents' summer house up north.  It is always a fun little get away from the heat and time to enjoy one another's company.

Here is a little recap of days 1 and 2!


Thursday, July 4

We drove up north on Thursday morning and met my parents and sister Meg and her family. (They got up on Sunday). Thursday was pretty laid back.  We mainly just hung out!

I did get some pics of the kids in their patriotic garb!

 Love these two!

 My sister Meg and Charlie.

 Mimi and Harper

 Playing Wii in the basement.

Brothers

 My little firecrackers!

After lunch we decided to go to the pool.

 The twins and Papa before getting in the water.

 Rea Rea

 The twins and I

My baby girl.

 My handsome boy.

 Charlotte and Reagan in their Mike and Sully towels!

After the pool we came home and took baths, ate dinner, and went for a little golf cart ride.


 Reagan was so tired and snuggled up to watch a movie.

The babies were so good!
We didn't do fireworks or anything ... maybe in a year or two!
When the kids went to bed we watched "Identify Theft" and laughed so hard.


Friday, July 5

Friday morning we got up and got ready for the day. My older sister and her family were arriving that day and Reagan couldn't wait! He loves his big cousins.


More pics of the kiddos!



Yay! All of the cousins!


 We spent a lot of time on the deck playing that day.




My big boy!


 Everyone played so hard! Harper fell asleep in the sitting position in her pack and play!


Cousin Sadie loved reading to the little ones.


One of our favorite things to do up north is play games as a family.  


Nick cooked up an awesome dinner for us all Friday night.


I love this pic of my mom escaping from the noise and chaos inside.  With 6 grandkids, 1 dog, the tv, adults playing games she needed a little alone time with her drink! Ha Ha. The gin and tonics were certainly flowing this weekend! :)

After dinner we headed out front to decorate the golf cart for the club's parade the next morning. We decided to do the theme "Grilling up some fun!" Everyone really worked together and I think it turned out pretty cute! 



That night it was more games and gabbing before bed! 

5 comments:

Jess said...

Looks like fun!

Victoria said...

This is a great recap and great pictorial!!! Thanks honey! I do love our 4th of July vacation traditions!!!

Kathryn said...

Looks like such a fun trip!! Love the pics!

Murdock's mama said...

Jordyn falls asleep bent over like that all the time...I hate it! I just cannot be comfortable!

Cari said...

I can't get enough of your kids...so cute!

I love that picture of Harper hahah funny how kids fall asleep