December 21, 2012

Our Adventures with Buddy- Week 3

We had another good week with Buddy our Elf on the Shelf.
If you want to see what Buddy did on week 2 click here.
Or for week 1 click here.

Sunday

Sunday morning Buddy surprised Reagan by drawing on a photo in his room. He thought it was pretty hilarious.  Our activity for that night was to make reindeer food to sprinkle on the lawn to attract the reindeer to our house.

(Turns out he made it at school with his teachers that Friday, so we just used that!)



Monday

Monday morning Reagan woke up to a crepe papered door!  He insisted on leaving it up for most of the day, which made it very interesting for Nick and I to get in and out of his bedroom. Army crawling in the room with a basket of laundry was pretty hilarious.


His family task for that night was to do a scavenger hunt with his Little People nativity set. I found some really cute clues online and we played it over and over. 


Tuesday

Tuesday morning Reagan woke up to find Buddy with some baggies of goodies.


The directions were to help Buddy plant an Elf Garden. I put some tic tacs (seeds) in a bag as well as some crushed candy canes (magic dust) in a separate bag.  Reagan was supposed to plant the seeds in the flour (elf dirt) , sprinkle the dust, and sing Jingle Bells 2x. Then he would have to wait until tomorrow to see what grew.


Wednesday

Wednesday morning Reagan woke up to see Buddy's Elf Garden had grown candy canes.


Our family task for that night was to make a Santa craft but I realized too late that we were out of red construction paper. So I improvised and we made a countdown chain. He was super excited because that night our book for the advent had a paper chain in it. Wish I could say I planned that! 


 Thursday

Thursday morning Reagan woke up to find Buddy eating a cookie.


 Our task for that day was to make cookies for Santa.
Reagan LOVED it.


Friday

This morning Reagan woke up to find Buddy with the Polar Express movie and 3 train tickets. Tonight we are going to "ride" the Polar Express, pop popcorn, and drink hot chocolate.



I cant believe it's almost Christmas!
So excited!

4 comments:

whit | Black Little Button blog said...

awe these are all adorable ideas! :)
-wHiT

Anonymous said...

Love the candy cane idea!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

So, so cute! I'm thinking that Hubby and I need us an Elf. :o)

My little 3 year old Granddaughter and I made cut out sugar cookies this morning and had such a fun time. I'll put that post up in the morning.

Christmas blessings!

Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled said...

Adorbs! I am just eating a peanut butter and jealousy sandwich due to the fact that the Elf wasn't around when my Muffy was little! I may do it next year forchercany how!

Love and Hugs,
Mrs. Kindergarten...aka...Madame Spoiled