August 6, 2010

Meet the Teacher!


Sorry for the lack of blogging this week. I have been super busy setting up my classroom. Last night was "Meet the Teacher" night so I needed everything to be perfect. Here are some pictures. Remember a couple of months ago I told you I was thinking about changing my theme? Well, I did! I did an apple theme and I think it turned out pretty cute. What are your throughts?



TAlign Centerhe bb in the hallway outside my classroom.
a view of my room
front of the room
(computer stations, library, bookshelves, etc)

my pencil jars

student work board on top and stations/behavior chart on bottom


literacy station chart

my focus wall (reading area, vocabulary, and big ideas)

grammar wall in the back

calendar and math wall

my teacher area

my girls! (lisa- been teaching with her 4 years, kelli- 5 years, me, and kate-6 years) we are such a great team not to mention great friends. I am so lucky!

here we are again- this time with Kim. This is her first year on our team. Her preschool position got cut last year and she moved up to our team. Heres to a great year in first grade!
I had a great "Meet the Teacher" night last night. Pretty good turnout (12/22) families visited my room and they were all so adorable. I am def excited for this school year. Ive got a great feeling about this year!

17 comments:

Let The Tide Pull Your Dreams Ashore said...

Love the my pencil jars! xx

Kimberly said...

Your classroom looks great!

the pink prep said...

what a happy little room!! what first grader wouldn't be excited to have YOU as a teacher?!? love, love it!
Best of luck this school year! I cannot wait for the "big" school adventures I have ahead of me with my own little miss kindergarten!

Anonymous said...

Your room looks great!! I think the apple theme really worked well. I can't wait to share stories this year of teaching adventures. Have a fabulous weekend!!

Jamie said...

Your room looks great! I love the apple theme :) Can't wait to follow you through this school year!

Victoria said...

Great job Mandy!! Love the apple theme!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it!!!! It's adorable! You girls all look great! I especially love the "Grade 1 is bushels of Fun!" BB. I SO SO need to get updated pics of my room!!!! Happy 6th year!! (Can you believe it? Seems like just yesterday we were at the orientation for new teachers and all we could talk about were our upcoming weddings!)
XO

Megan said...

Love the apple theme! TOO cute! :) Thanks for your comment on my blog, too!

Katie @ Miss Klohn's Classroom said...

I would so love to be a first grader in your classroom! Hopefully my room will be as cute when I get my first class!

Janae said...

That looks really cute! I especially love the pencil jars. I think I will make my own and decorate them to match my frog theme! Thanks for the great ideas!

Leslie @ Lamberts Lately said...

Very cute! I saw some awesome apple Carson-Dellosa stuff the other day. I love the theme!

Gladys said...

Oooohhhh...love the apple theme! And I think I am going to have to borrow your idea for pencil jars ! By the way I'm your newest follower!

-Gladys
www.teachinginhighheels.blogspot.com

Miss Southern Prep said...

Your classroom is so cute! I love the apple theme!

Kristen @ All In My Twenties said...

I LOVE your classroom!!! I always wanted to be a teacher just to decorate bulletin boards and grade papers with cute stickers!!! I ended up in Marketing/Advertising... oh well!!! Best of luck with your new studetns!!


Love the blog!!

Melissa said...

Your classroom is so cute and organized! I love it, it looks awesome!! Have a great year!

Erica said...

I love your classroom it is very welcoming I'm sure your first graders will love it!!!! I would love to teach first grade!

Doodle Bugs said...

I found your blog from first graders at last and wanted to say hi! Cute blog! I teach 1st too. This is my 11th year. Time flies when you are having fun :o)

Have a great year!