December 21, 2012

Christmas in the Classroom

Even though December in school was super crazy with testing and such, it's always fun to add some holiday themed activities into the mix.  When I was teaching first grade I always did a week of gingerbread activities (I heart anything and everything gingerbread) and a week of holidays.  

If you want to see more of my gingerbread week activities, click here and here .
Other Christmas activities can be found here.

I found some new, cute ideas from some of your blogs that I will definitely be doing when I get back into the classroom. If you are still in school and need some fun, new things- try these out! 

(1)
I love this idea from Little Kinder Warriors of having a gingerbread hunt. The kids would LOVE it and you could tie in community helpers around the school with it as well. The kids could also extend it by writing their own clues.

(2)

As you know I have recently gotten really into the Grinch (thanks to our Green Grinch night!) And there are so many adorable Grinch activities out there right now! 

I love this Primary Graffiti Grinch writing activity! 

(3)

More Grinch goodies for you from Early Moments 


And I'm sure you already know about Cara's fabulous Grinch goodies:



I'm excited to find more Grinch activities!

(4)

I also love these holiday writing pages from What the Teacher Wants.

(5)
Last but not least, this blog is new to me and I'm just loving it!
So much great holiday stuff!



Do you have any awesome holiday or gingerbread activities that you'd want to share? Feel free to live your link in a comment for my readers below! Thanks! 

No comments: