December 27, 2012

Good-bye to Buddy our Elf

It was sad to say goodbye to our Elf on the Shelf Buddy this year. 

Last year I don't think Reagan even noticed he was gone but this year he did not want to see him go. 

Here is the last of what we did together.

Saturday

Reagan woke up to find Buddy sitting in one of his toy trucks.
Buddy left his usual note and some cake mix to us for a birthday cake for Jesus.



We baked Jesus a birthday cake to eat on Christmas Eve.


We also popped popcorn to take with us as we drove around looking at Christmas lights.
Reagan thought it was so much fun. It was our first time using this popper.
(I usually would only use it at school with my class.)




These next two photos crack me up.
It totally sums up my life with this 3 year old. 

Before


And after.
Ha Ha.
His response, "Accidents Happen".


So we popped a second batch to take with us.



Sunday

Sunday morning Reagan woke up to find Buddy holding Baby Jesus.
He left Reagan a coloring page for him to work on.



Our activity that day was to go to my sister's house for our annual Gingerbread House party.


Here was Reagan's finished picture he left for Santa on Christmas Eve.



Monday

Monday morning Reagan woke up to find Buddy with a present that said to open that night.

He also left a little goodbye note for Reagan.



After church Reagan opened his gift from Buddy - new Christmas jammies for him and the babies.


Buddy has flown back to the North Pole!

We will seem him again next year and have lots of new, fun adventures!

5 comments:

Murdock's mama said...

Oh my gosh...I can't wait to use all of your awesome ideas next year!! You're so creative!! :)

Cari said...

i love all the things you did w. your elf!

The Howard Bunch said...

On Christmas morning, Connor ran out and tried to find our elf. When I told him he had gone home, he asked, "Will he come back tomorrow?" So sweet and sad. I can't wait for him to come back either!! =)

Victoria said...

I have loved watching Reagan's journey this year with his friend Buddy the Elf! He is one lucky little boy, and you are a very creative mom!!!!

Lea @ CiCis Corner said...

I just love it! And, to pop popcorn to take along as you look at lights. How smart is that? I think you deserve "MOM OF THE YEAR!"

I'm so glad I met you through our blogs. You bring a smile to my face every time I stop by.