October 28, 2010

Happy Bday and an Award!

First off---- Happy 29th birthday to my amazingly sweet, supportive, handsome, loyal, understanding, and all that other gooshy stuff husband!

He took the day off work and did (too many) projects around the house. I told him to relax but this boy NEVER does that! At least he did what makes him happy. When I got home from work my mom came over to watch Reagan so Nick and I could go to dinner at Outback Steakhouse. It was so nice to get to have adult talk! When we got home we gave Nick his gifts and sang Happy Birthday.


Us before dinner

Opening gifts with Reagan
Nick's new watch.

He is watch obsessed!
Today I was given an award by a new blogger friend Amy. Thank you so much girl! If you haven't checked out her blog yet, you should! :)

To accept the Versatile Blogger Award the rules are:

{1}: Thank and link back to who gave you the award.
{2}: Share 7 things about yourself.
{3}: Pass it along to 7 blogs you've recently discovered and enjoy!
{4}: Leave the recipients a note, telling them about the award.

Thanks again to
Amy! Love reading your blog and learning more about you!
7 Random Things About Mandy1) I am such a girly girl but I love "boy" movies".
2) When I'm really watching something/someone I tilt my head and look to the left. It's really weird.
3) Growing up I totally wanted to be a Broadway star. That's a funny image.
4) I might be the WORST dancer ever. But I think I do a really good Lady Gaga.
5) Speaking of Lady Gaga.... I have probably had about 5 dreams about her since I saw her in concert. We are best friends in my dream and I try and make her more "normal" and she teaches me how to dance. Weird.
6) I love, love, love my job. Teaching First Graders is exhausting but so much fun!
7) I have never broken a bone. Knock. On. Wood!
Amy also tagged me in the questions!
(I really should be working on school stuff..but this is more fun!)

{1}: If you had a chance to change your name, would you and what would it be?No, I actually really wouldn't. I don't know hardly any Mandys and I like it that way! Sometimes I think it sounds a little bit of a stripper name, but overall I like it!
{2}: What is/are your favorite book(s)?
Wow, this one is super hard for me! I LOVE TO READ! Most of my favorites are historical fiction. There are too many to write... I may have to blog about this later!

{3}: If you were told you have 1 minute to pick out one outfit from your closet but not told where you were going, what would you pick and why?
I would choose jeans a cute top and flip flops. It's pretty standard for me!
{4}: My sister-in-law and I have a small cake decorating business and hope to one a day open a bakery, so what is your favorite dessert?
Ooooh I love ALL desserts! But my favorite is cheesecake! Delish!

{5}: What has been the best vacation you have taken so far and what would be your ultimate dream vacation?
My family and I had some pretty great vacations growing up. Boston, Hawaii, Florida, etc. And in high school I went to Europe with friends. My dream vacation would be for Nick and I to go somewhere to "re-do" our honeymoon. It was a weather diaster in Hawaii 5 years ago! I would love to relax on a beach with Nick .... and do Hawaii the right way!

{6}: What are some of your favorite Bible verses?
"Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."

Psalm 37:4
"So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love."
1 Corinthians 13

“Every good and perfect gift is from above.”
James 1:17

{7}: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
In five years I will be 33. I see Nick and I still living where we are with a 5 year old Reagan (Crazy!) and hopefully another little one! I will probably be teaching or coaching other teachers.

{8}: I know this may be a weird question but what is your daily skin care routine?
My skin care routine is pretty simple. In the morning I wash my face with Neutragina and then exfoliate with St. Ives. I moisturize with Bobbi Brown during the day. At night I use Mary Kay night cream and eye cream.
Okay, next I tag:
1. Megan at "Just One of The Boys"
2. Jenny at "The Olson Family"
3. Abby at "Babbling Abby"
4. Rachel at "RachelandJohn"
5. Mrs. Stoneking at "Meet the Stonekings"
6. Mrs. Ruby at "Ruby Red Slippers"
7. Suz at "Simply Suz"

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Happy birthday to Nick!

I've never broken a bone either :)

Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday! You have such a a beautiful family! I hope you don't mind a new follower!
-Ashley-