July 12, 2010

Misc. Monday and a book rec!

Happy Monday!
One of my fave blogger friends did this on her blog, so I'm hopping on the bandwagon. Since my thoughts are pretty random today, this is perfect! :)

(1.) I was given another sweet blog award today. Thank you to 2Bloggeristas. If you haven't checked out their blog yet, you should! Thanks again ladies :)

(2.) Reagan, my sister Meg, Mom and I went to Scottsdale Fashion Square to do some shopping today. Found a new adorable shop and visited some other faves. After the mall we had lunch and Reagan napped while Meg and I read magazines in the pool.

(3.) Reagan's new fave words: "yesssss!" . Its fun to ask him questions and hear this enthusiastic answer. Reagan is also really starting to get into animal noises. My personal fave is the "cockadoodle doo". It looks/sounds like his tongue just thrashing around in his mouth. I will try and get a video. Its too funny.
(4.) This afternoon Reagan enjoyed his first Popsicle. Slash that. First two Popsicles. He enjoyed his so much then proceeded to give me puppy eyes as he reached for mine. I couldn't resist. This might have something to do with why he wouldn't eat dinner tonight!
(5.) I want to do a quick book rec to all of you readers out there... A friend of my mom's recommended this book , The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain. She read it, loved it, and immediately told me to read it. I placed a request for it at the library (the city library only had one copy amongst all of its locations). It was transferred to my branch and I took it up to Payson with me for the 4th of July trip. Oh my gosh, once I started I couldn't stop. I read it in 2 days (as soon as Reagan took a nap or went to bed I went into power reading mode!) It was such a great page turner and I think you all should read it too!

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

I have a book recommendation for you: Look Again by Lisa Scottoline

Tickled Pink Mandy said...

Thanks I will check it out!!

Anonymous said...

I will need to check that book out! Thanks for the rec :)

Kate said...

Oh that book is on my list, I am so glad to hear it was good.

Glad he enjoyed his popsicles!