February 23, 2010

Another post?


Wow, 2 posts in one day? Lucky you!

Refresher- I teach first grade in a very needy school.
Every year I do a "Flat Stanley" project after we read the book. I buddy each student in my class up with a friend or family member of mine across the country. My first graders write a letter, decorate a Flat Stanley, and take a photograph of themselves. I them mail their letters across the country. My friends and family "take in" the Stanleys and document what they did with him. After some adventures, the Stanleys are mailed back to our classroom. It is always a highlight for my students and me!

This year has been fantastic.
We have received 13 back so far. Our Stanleys have traveled to California, Washington, Colorado, Wisconsin, Texas, Montana, South Dakota, Ohio, Florida, Tucson and even Australia! I will keep you posted when we get more back.

My dad even took a Stanley with him to the Superbowl a couple of weeks ago. He got Kurt Warner (AZ Cardinals quarterback) to take a picture with the Stanley. Pretty amazing , huh?
I have the most amazing friends and family! Love you all!



our wall thus far

Kurt Warner and Stanley at the airport

4 comments:

Jamie said...

I love Flat Stanley :) How cool that Kurt Warner posed with Stan?!

Jenny said...

Awesome project! The Kurt Warner pic is great! I bet your kids loved that one.

Megan said...

I have been following your Flat Stanley adventures and I'm totally sad I don't live across the country so you could send me one! If I ever move, i call dibs on a Stanley :)

Anonymous said...

Love it!! I'm in 5th, so no Flat Stanley's for me :( Love that he went to the Super Bowl!!