January 9, 2010

Granddaddy's Memorial

Today our family gathered for a memorial service to say good-bye to my Granddaddy. It was a nice service with a wonderful message about how our birthdates and the day we die do not matter as much as the dash in between the two (when we are actually living). The Priest also said that we need to focus on forgiveness to help make the most out of the "dash" in our lives. My cousin Trey read a Bible verse and I read from Romans 14.
After the service we all drove to Olive and Ivy at the Scottsdale Waterfront for a nice dinner to celebrate his life (92 years)! It was a wonderful time to visit with my cousins and aunt and uncle from Boston, and my cousins and aunt and uncle from Tucson. It was also special to meet relatives I had not met before (like my Great Aunt and Uncle).


The three siblings posing with a picture of Granddaddy.
Dad and Mom

Meg and Shaun

Nick, Reagan, and I

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great message girl! I have a little something waiting for you over at my place too when you have time. XOXO