November 29, 2011

Christmas Spirit

I love Thanksgiving....but boy do I love me some Christmas!

The Christmas spirit definately hit our house this weekend.

(1)We decorated the house.
And Nick even had his own "Griswald" moment.
Yep. That would be his arm sticking through the hole he made when he stepped through the ceiling while trying to get out Christmas decor from the attic. Lordy.

(2)We attempted Black Friday.
Yep. 9:00pm at Toys R Us.
Yep. 9:15pm turned around and went back home.
Too much craziness for me.

(3) We had dinner with my family and went to the Phoenix Zoo Lights.
It's a wonderful family tradition we have.





(4) Our Elf on the Shelf, Buddy, made his first appearance and has been hiding ever since. Reagan is loving it! We read the book and he has been carrying him around and talking to him nonstop. (I know, I know- you're not supposed to touch them. But I can't say no. He is obsessed.) We also tivoed the movie on tv this weekend and seriously watch it every night!



6 comments:

Rachel said...

I had to read up on this Elf on the Shelf business after I saw it on your FB. It sounds so fun! I can't wait until we can start fun Christmas traditions like that :)

Amber said...

Our son is obsessed with Elf on the Shelf, too! We watch that movie very day! Love it!

Raven said...

lol!!! Was Toys R Us that bad? Not even 15 minutes? I mean, I couldn't even last 15 seconds on Black Friday but was it just horrible?? Could you even walk?

and lol again at the thumbs up picture. love it!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

Can't wait to be able to do Elf on the Shelf one day!

Emily said...

I can't believe your husband went through the ceiling, haha!!
Elf on the Shelf is amazing, love it!

Jenny said...

I've never heard of Elf on the Shelf - googled it and I love it! Such a great idea! Is this a new thing? It's prob been around forever and I was the deprived kid of it, haha. Totally doing this with Peyton in a few years!