August 12, 2013

Teacher Week '13: Let's Talk About Me Monday



I'm excited to be linking up over at Blog Hoppin for Teacher Week '13.

Today's blog post is 10 things about me!
For those of you who are new to my blog- welcome!
And for those of you who are followers - welcome back! :)
Maybe you'll learn something new about me!


(1)
I'm Mandy! 
Not Amanda.
My mom loved Barry Manilow's song, Mandy.
Totally makes me think of that movie , "Can't Hardly Wait". 
Amand-uh! 


(2)
I'm 31 years old and will turn 32 in January.
Capricorn, baby.
Responsible, ambitious, bossy, err...

(3)
I'm married to Nick and we've been married for 7 years. We met in college and started dating when he was president of his fraternity and I was president of my sorority. He is an amazing husband and a wonderful father.



(4)
We have 3 kids. Reagan is 4 years old and is such a character. He makes me laugh so hard. We also have twin 10 months old babies, Harper and Hudson.  They are a handful but they complete are family.




(5)
I have always wanted to be a teacher. I mean, either that or a talk show host.  But that really wasn't in my cards.  I graduated from college with my degree in Early Childhood and got my Masters in Elem. Ed.  


(6)
I taught First Grade at the same school for 7 years before I got pregnant with the twins. I made life long friends and I was so lucky to work with the "dream team" as we were often called.  Unfortunately lives changed and most of us moved schools/districts.



(7)
I spent this past year being a stay at home Mama. Having newborn twins and a 3 year old was a lot of work so I was glad to be able to spent my days taking care of them. I'm so thankful to my parents who helped make it possible.



(8)
I've started this year at a new district and new school.  It's been pretty overwhelming learning new school procedures and routines, but I am so happy to be back teaching.  I actually came home today and told Nick, "I seriously have the best job!" 

(9)
I'm obsessed with reality TV. I love my Big Brother, Bachelorette, Real Housewives, etc.  Since I've been back to school my shows have taken the backseat. You should see my DVR.  Yes. I said my DVR. All of my shows are in the bedroom. And Nick's and Reagan's are in the living room. I don't share well. ;) 

(10)
I have the biggest sweet tooth.
I love all desserts, but cheesecake and ice cream is my favorite! 

Can't wait to read more about you guys!
Happy Back to School! 

2 comments:

AbbyS. said...

So glad the new job is working out!! I can't wait to hear about your year!!

Leah @ Everyday Love said...

I've been thinking of you. You and I could be the same person! Hope you're having a good week!