August 12, 2012

Sunday Social- Food Edition



1. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
Mexican Food! 
It's a good thing I live in Arizona!


2. What's your guilty pleasure/comfort food?
I love desserts. 
Pretty much anything really.
 My go-to's when I'm home are cookies and milk but I could eat frozen yogurt daily!
 Love. Love. Love.


3. What's the weirdest/craziest thing you've ever eaten?
Probably rattlesnake.  We used to take out of state friends and family to a western place that served it as an appetizer. It seemed like an "Arizona thing". I can remember thinking it tasted like chicken- pretty bland.


4. What foods do you avoid at all costs?
Fish.
 I like sushi (the really simple/not-sushi-ish kind). 
But that's about it.
 I wish I liked it because it's supposed to be super healthy for you. 
But it grosses me out. 



5. What meal reminds you of your childhood?
Mac and Cheese with a side of green beans.


6. Share one of your favorite recipes and the story behind it.
I am soooo not a cook.
And everyone in my family knows it.
But one thing that I do know how to make is strawberry/ pretzel salad

(except for the one school pot luck where I totally added WAY too much sugar)

And people actually request it at family functions.
Who knew?

There really isn't a story. I think I originally tasted it at a school potluck and thought it was the greatest thing since sliced bread. So boom. I made it.


1 comment:

Amber said...

I love mac and cheese with peas! My aunt makes that strawberry salad...it is so freakin good!!! And you know I love mexican food!!!