As the babies get closer and closer to arriving, we have been trying to get Reagan prepared and excited.
We have been reading "big brother" and "new baby" books together.
We have been talking about when he was a little baby, showed him home videos, and photo albums.
We want him to know that everyone was just as excited for him to arrive as we are for the twins.
I also put together a "Big Brother" gift for the babies to give him when he comes to visit them at the hospital for the first time. I think he is little enough to really think they brought him a gift. We'll see!
I was first told about a "special nursing box" for Reagan by a friend.
She has a newborn and a 2 year old and wanted to create a special box of goodies for her 2 year old to play with and keep busy with while she nursed her newborn. I thought this was a great idea. Reagan is older and while I trust him to play in his playroom while I nurse, I think it would be neat to be able to pull out a "quiet time box". It will only come out when I am feeding the twins and need him to play quietly.
I have to be honest. I didn't buy most of it.
I just looked at things in his playroom that would be quiet and easy for him to do by himself!
1) Aquadoodle - this is a great product! It comes with a pen that you fill with water and a coloring mat. You use the pen to make pictures on the mat and then after awhile, the pictures disappear. Since it's just water- NO MESS!
2) New books- Reagan loves looking at books
3) Brain Quest Cards- Reagan loves these cards. He has the 2-3 yr old, 3-4 yr old, and 4-5 yr old set and loves for us to quiz him with them. This is the kinder set , but I think he will do good with them. We'll see if he can sit next to me while I nurse and I can read him the questions. Again- we'll see. This might end up being taken out of the box and saved for another time if it gets too hard to do with the babies.
4) Flashcards- Reagan loves flashcards and these ones are easy for him to do by himself. All he has to do is match cards with the same colors.
5) Color Wonder Books- These coloring books are awesome. They come with special markers that don't leave color on anything other than the books. So for young kids (who don't really color) they can play with the markers and not make a mess. I have put one of each color in this zipper pouch that is easy for Reagan to open.
Do you have any other ideas for me to help make the transition with the babies easier for Reagan? I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks in advance! :)