March 10, 2012

First Grade Update

Sorry I haven't blogged in awhile.
Here is a little update of what we've been doing in first grade!

Remember those lima beans we planted in plastic baggies?
Well, they totally grew. It worked! Who knew? 
The kids loved our plant unit and really loved being able to see the parts and the process each day.


Our reading skill the past two weeks has been Cause and Effect. One of the projects we did was using the book "A Bad Case of Stripes".  Our team used the great idea from Mrs. Lemons at "Step Into 2nd Grade". It was adorable. 




This week we had a short week due to parent teacher conferences. We only had about 1 hour without reading each day, so I tried to tie in St. Patrick's Day. The only thing I took pictures of were these cute little leprechauns. The kids had to write about what makes them lucky. I thought some of these were so sweet.
 " I feel luck when I get treasure box." 
If you knew this little guy, you would understand! 
"I feel lucky when my grandma says I love you Briana." Aww.

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

How cute! I loveeee the little leprechauns. So presh.

Anonymous said...

Aw...those little lucky wishes are so sweet!

Heather's Heart said...

We might need to add some soil to our greenhouses next week.

Come check out our plant snack when you get the chance. =)

Heather
Heather's Heart