August 28, 2011

Mother of the Year


Nick had a big test on Saturday (he passed!) so Reagan and I went to run some errands. (I'm hosting my sister's gender reveal party in 1 month so a trip to Hobby Lobby was in order.)


It turned out to be a DISASTER!

Seriously. The terrible twos came back and this time- straight from hell. Let's see. 1) He was throwing a fit for having to ride in the cart. So I gave him a bribe, yes, I do this. I had some teddy grahams in my bag. He proceeded to dump them all over the floor...on purpose. 2) He jumped out of the cart (yes. scared the you know what out of me). 3) He ran through the store screaming NO. And just a reminder- Hobby Lobby is huge. I left the cart, threw my bag over my shoulder and sprinted after him. Everytime I thought I was close to getting him he was sprint down a different isle. I was freaking out. Oh ya. As he was running he was knocking things off the shelves. I finally caught him and spanked him so hard. 4) I put him back into the cart and had to hold him down. He proceeded to slap me across the face. Seriously? What was going on?!?! He took my items from the cart and threw them out.


I picked him up and carried him out of the store with him kicking and screaming. We both got loaded up into the car and both started hysterically crying. And yes, we both cried the entire car ride home. I'm sure the cars next to us were getting a good chuckle.


OMG. There are times when this mom job is soooooooo hard.


In other news. We booked our first real family vacation. Disneyland. I can't wait. Now please, please, please Lord let Reagan be well behaved. Because a tantrum like Saturday's CAN NOT happen at the happiest place on earth.

8 comments:

Might as well, can't dance... said...

Little man tested your patience and his safety and you were both in need of a cry the whole way home kind of cry! I have SO been there! My son will be 11 in 2 weeks and we still end up cryin' it out when we are both frustrated! Blessings...

Gladys said...

Mandy...I think we all have been through this...just remember it too shall pass. Take deep breaths...count to ten, and remember that in a few years this tantrum will be a distant memory. Have a great week! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh honey...it definitely sounds like one of those days... At least you both had a good cry!! :) Hope things turned around for the rest of your weekend...

Taylor said...

Aww!! you poor thing!!! but of course all can be redeemed when he looks up at you on other days with a big grin! :)
Pray for days to get better :)

Rachel said...

Wow! I was at Hobby Lobby after I read your FB post and can't imagine chasing a 2 year old around that place! So sorry Mand!

Victoria said...

Honey, don't get a complex over this! 1)he is a high spirited little boy 2)he is 2 1/2 years old. 3) he is testing and pushing you. You will come out of this just fine and so will he. Hold firm! Be strong. You are a wonderful mother!

Megan said...

Sheesh! I have to admit, I was laughing during this post because 1) I have SO been there 2)I can just see him (or any 2.5 year old) doing all of that and 3) I can totally picture the ride home (and pretty sure it brought back a memory or two!) No fabulous words of wisdom except we are all in this together and will laugh about it someday (most likely when their kids are doing it to them! :)) Don't sweat it!

Country Girl said...

Oh wow, does that bring back memories. They eventually grow into fine young men and you wonder how that happened!